Privacy and Cookies
This Privacy Notice explains how Abra Group Limited collects, uses and discloses personal information through our website.
Personal Information We Collect
When we refer to “personal information” in this Privacy Notice, we mean any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
We collect the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on this website. This includes your contact details such as name, e-mail address, phone numbers and postal address, as well as the types of information you are interested in receiving.
How We Use Personal Information
This section of our Privacy Notice explains how we use the personal information that we collect about you. It also sets out our legal basis under UK data protection law for our use of your personal information.
We use personal information that we collect about you in the following ways:
|How we use your personal information||Our legal basis|
|To customize the way information on this website is presented to you.||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the experience of visitors to our website.|
|To evaluate your user experience and improve the quality of our services.||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the experience of visitors to our website.|
|To provide website content that is relevant and engages our audience.||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the experience of visitors to our website.|
|To protect our information technology systems and data against fraud, unauthorized use and security threats.||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting our website and information technology systems and data.|
|If you join one or more of our mailing lists or request information from us, we will use the personal information you provide to send you the information you have requested.||The processing is carried out with your consent, or it is necessary for our legitimate interest in sending you the information that you have requested.|
|If you register for an event, we will use your personal information for purposes of fulfilling your request.||The processing is carried out with your consent, or it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your request.|
|To send you information (such as publications, legal updates, news and events) in which we believe you may be interested.||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in sending you information that may be useful to you.|
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We disclose your personal information:
- To companies who provide services to us, such as hosting and other information technology services.
- In order to comply with applicable law and regulation, a legally binding request from a governmental or regulatory body or law enforcement agency, or any other legal obligation to which we are subject.
- In order to detect or prevent fraud.
You can choose whether to accept or refuse most cookies on our website. Some cookies are necessary for our website to function, which means that we will need to set them if you want to use our website.
You can also disable cookies by activating the setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting some features of our website may not function properly. Details of the cookies that are used by this website are set out below:
Where We Store and Transfer Your Personal Information
This website is hosted in the United States. Any personal information that we collect about you through this website will be transferred to, and stored in the United States.
Some of the service providers we use to store personal information are located in the United States or other countries that are not recognized under UK data protection law as providing an adequate level of protection for personal information. In order to comply with UK data protection law, we put in place agreements with these service providers based on standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of these clauses from us – please see the Contact us section, below, for further details about how to contact us.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We retain personal information in accordance with applicable law and regulation and our records retention policy based on these laws and regulations. The period for which we keep your personal information is determined by a number of criteria, including our legal and regulatory obligations, the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, and the potential risk from any unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information:
- You can ask us to confirm what personal information we hold about you and to provide you with a copy of that information.
- You can ask us to correct any personal information about you that is inaccurate.
- You can ask us to delete your personal information where there is no legal basis for us to continue to hold that information.
- You can ask us to stop using your personal information temporarily if you are objecting to our right to use it.
- You can object to our using your personal information unless we can demonstrate a valid reason why we need to continue to hold that information.
- You can object to our using your personal information for marketing purposes.
- In circumstances where we process your personal information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- If we are processing your personal information on the basis of your consent, you can ask us to provide you with the personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured and commonly-used electronic format, or to transmit that information directly to another company if that is technically feasible.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you’re not happy with how we have handled your personal information. You can find out how to contact the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
Please note that some of these rights may be subject to exceptions under UK data protection law (such as exceptions to protect information that is subject to legal professional privilege).
Depending on the nature of your request, we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or about any of the personal information that we hold about you, or if you would like to exercise any of your rights set out in this Privacy Notice, please contact: